Miners' Strike at Bobov Dol Ends
The strike of the miners at Bobov dol ended on Thursday evening after they spent three days and nights underground insisting that they receive their salaries.
Ombudsman Maya Manolova spent nearly 8 hours underground with the miners as a guarantor that their demands will be met.
“I insisted that the miners receive their salaries first and then leave the mine because there was a risk that we might be lied to,” said Manolova.She added that she will insist until the last moment for the salaries of the miners to be paid and talks on the preservation of the mine to be held.
During the protest the miners who remained in the mine were threatened by the management that they will be sued for their actions.
Late on Thursday evening, the director of the mine Krasimir Chavgarski was threatened by the miners and it was the security of the mine that prevented the miners from bursting into his office.
After this, Chavgarski tendered his resignation.
The miners will receive their salaries for August and bonuses. The Social Ministry promised that each family will receive one-off financial assistance.
The health of all miners who spent three days and nights underground is stable.
- » PM Borissov: It is Most Important to Protect our Medical Professionals, They Will Receive Bonus Remuneration
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor