Reformist Bloc Submits Draft Bill for Amendments to Electoral Code
Reformist Bloc deputies Grozdan Karadjov, Petar Slavov and Ivan Ivanov have submitted a draft bill for amendments and supplements to the Electoral Code.
The urgent revision of the election rules is necessary due to the controversial interpretation of the “I do not support anybody” ballots.
These have been declared valid under the Electoral Code but will be discarded as invalid when calculating the election results, thus violating the constitution and helping the candidate who has received the most votes.
The deputies propose that Parliament change the method of determining the voting results. Via the proposed amendment, the ballots will remain valid and will be taken into account during the count.
Parliament had an emergency meeting on Thursday. It is not clear yet, however, whether the amendment to the Electoral Code will be included in the agenda.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend