Court Leaves Former Mayor Charged With Rape Under Arrest
The Plovdiv Regional Court has not heeded the request for changing former mayor Ivan Evstatiev’s arrest sanction to a lighter penalty.
The request was reviewed on Tuesday afternoon.
According to the magistrates, there is real risk of him hiding or committing a crime. The ruling may be appealed within 7 days with the Plovdiv District Court.
The trial against Evstatiev, who has been indicted on charges of raping a16-year old girl after making her drunk, has been postponed to November 14. The reason for this is that both the defence and the prosecution want to question new witnesses.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 15th Day - Protesters Closed Ten Junctions in Sofia, Thrown Sunflower Seeds and Candy in Front of the Council of Ministers
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 14th Day in a Row Under the Motto "Let’s Block Sofia First and Then the State"
- » 13 Days Protests in Bulgaria: "We Are the Vote of No Confidence"