Bulgarian Border Police Officers Taken into Custody amid Corruption Charges
The Appellate Court of Plovdiv has decided to leave six of the detained border police and customs officers in custody after their arrest late in September.
The court has ruled that the defendants in question could wield influence on witnesses or try to avert justice if released.
The officers were caught with marked money at the Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint, on Bulgaria's border with Turkey.
More arrests are expected in relation to the case.
Out of the nine detained on September 30, one was placed under house arrest and two on a recognizance order.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 9 Detained in Sliven Region during Police Operation against Domestic Crime and Vote Buying
- » Bulgaria: A Ukrainian was Arrested for Transporting Migrants on “Trakia” Highway
- » Bulgaria: Police detained a Drugged Syrian transporting Migrants near Shumen
- » 92-Year-Old Bulgarian caught Driving without a License…AGAIN
- » Three Bulgarians, including a Pregnant Woman and a Military Man, caught Transporting Migrants in Plovdiv
- » Bulgarian Police Detained over 30 Migrants near Sofia