Bulgarian Border Police Officers Taken into Custody amid Corruption Charges
The Appellate Court of Plovdiv has decided to leave six of the detained border police and customs officers in custody after their arrest late in September.
The court has ruled that the defendants in question could wield influence on witnesses or try to avert justice if released.
The officers were caught with marked money at the Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint, on Bulgaria's border with Turkey.
More arrests are expected in relation to the case.
Out of the nine detained on September 30, one was placed under house arrest and two on a recognizance order.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Police Operation in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: 25 Migrants were Detained near Simeonovgrad
- » Bulgaria: 8 Illegal Migrants and their Driver were Detained in Sofia
- » A Bulgarian Woman close to the "Crypto Queen" Ruja Ignatova was Extradited to the US
- » Bulgaria: 11 Detained after the Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: It is a Tradition for Migrant Traffickers to Not Stop after Police Signals them