Bulgarian Police Find 65 Migrants Hiding in Cargo Train
Sixty-five irregular migrants have been detained after being found in a cargo train, Bulgarian authorities say.
The train, carrying iron ore, had arrived from Turkey and was inspected at Kapitan Andreevo border crossing at 04:00 Bulgarian time (EEST).
The detainees claim to be Syrian nationals. They apparently entered one of the cargo wagons by cutting a hole in the cloth that covered the ore, according to the Interior Ministry.
This has become the second case of migrants hiding in a cargo train in less than two weeks, the first one having occurred at Svilengrad station.
- » Nearly BGN 10 000 were Stolen from a Shop in Sofia
- » Cyberattack on Singapore Health Database Steals Details of 1.5 Million, Including PM
- » EUR 17,000 were Stolen from a Man in a Train Traveling from Sofia
- » Record for Bulgaria: Family Gave EUR 40,000 to Phone Scammers
- » Vandals Cut 29 Newly Planted Trees on Sofia's Ring Road
- » Bulgaria Uncovers Skimming Equipment, Fake Documents Workshop