Vehicles' Harmful Emissions To Be Measured in Sofia on October 7
As of 10:00 hrs on October 7, an operation will be launched for measuring harmful emissions from exhaust gasses of vehicles in Sofia.
The initiative is organised by the Diabetes Type 2 Association and the Climate Coalition – Bulgaria.
Units of Road Police – Sofia and the Executive Agency Automobile Administration will participate in the operation. They will be located at the entry and exit points of Sofia near Botevgradsko Chause Blvd and will measure emissions, exhaust gases of passing vehicles via gas analysers.
Vehicles with emissions above permissible levels will be banned from traffic.
In September, the World Health Organisation published data on fine particles pollution-related mortality rates in various countries. According to the data, Bulgaria ranks second in the world in terms of the number of deaths per 100,000 people caused by fine particles pollution.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend