UN Top Job: Bulgaria's Georgieva Vows to Fight Until the End
EU Commission Vice President Kristalina Georgieva has said she will do her best in the race to become UN Secretary General, despite the narrow deadlines she has to meet.
In an interview with daily Standart due to be published on Monday, as she appears before the UN General Assembly, she has admitted to being aware the race would be tough, given her late entry.
"I have to do everything I can very seriously and responsibly," Georgieva as added.
She has also urged "realistic" expectations in the race.
Georgieva, who is currently on a month-long leave from the EU Commission, was nominated by the Bulgarian government earlier this week, replacing UNESCO chief Irina Bokova as the official Bulgarian candidate.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Foreign Ministry will Demand the Access of Bulgarian Citizens to North Macedonia to be Ensured
- » A Visit of a Bulgarian Theater Production was Canceled in North Macedonia
- » Provocation after Provocation: Macedonians will Block Roads for Bulgarians Heading to Gotse Delchev's Grave
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: Bulgarian Clubs should Change their Names
- » Bulgaria’s MFA summons the Macedonian Ambassador because of the Beating of a Bulgarian in Ohrid
- » In 2022, Bulgaria declared 84 Russian Officials as Persona Non Grata