UN Top Job: Bulgaria's Georgieva Vows to Fight Until the End
EU Commission Vice President Kristalina Georgieva has said she will do her best in the race to become UN Secretary General, despite the narrow deadlines she has to meet.
In an interview with daily Standart due to be published on Monday, as she appears before the UN General Assembly, she has admitted to being aware the race would be tough, given her late entry.
"I have to do everything I can very seriously and responsibly," Georgieva as added.
She has also urged "realistic" expectations in the race.
Georgieva, who is currently on a month-long leave from the EU Commission, was nominated by the Bulgarian government earlier this week, replacing UNESCO chief Irina Bokova as the official Bulgarian candidate.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The US Ambassador to Greece is Coming to Visit Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Extends Aid to Armenia Amid Humanitarian Crisis
- » India's Minister of State Engages in Key Diplomatic Meetings during Bulgaria Visit
- » Good News for Our Two Countries at the National Day of Romania Celebrated in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Deputy Prime Minister: Lavrov Overflight Granted in Coordination with EU
- » Minister Gabriel: Bulgaria's OECD Journey Sees Positive Recognition and Effort