Bulgarian President Plevneliev Calls For Unity On New UN Secretary Nomination
President Rosen Plevneliev called on all Bulgarian politicians to deal responsibly with the new Bulgarian nomination for UN Secretary General, to overcome their partisan interests and personal convictions and become part of the effort for Bulgaria to succeed in this race.
The statement was issued after the nomination of European Commissioner Kristalina Georgieva for UN Secretary General.
The President reminded that it is the responsibility of the Bulgarian government to nominate a person for leader of the most prestigious world organisation. The President himself is familiar with the analysis of the Council of Ministers of the chances of the possible Bulgarian nominations. The President agrees with the arguments of the government.
After the decision of the Council of Ministers, all Bulgarian institutions are obliged, within the framework of their powers, to work for the success of the Bulgarian candidate, stated Plevneliev.
He reminded that the responsibility is great when Bulgaria has a chance to have a Bulgarian as the next UN Secretary General because this is a responsibility towards Central and Eastern Europe as well.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend