BSP: Georgieva's Nomination For UN Secretary General Is Shame For Bulgaria
BSP demanded that PM Borisov come to Parliament and present the reasons for the decision of the government to nominate European Commissioner Kristalina Georgieva for UN Secretary General.
“To us this is a shame for Bulgaria. Yet again, Borisov showed that he is too weak to defend the national interest. It appears that this decision is being taken under pressure from abroad and to the detriment of Bulgaria’s interests. With what is happening now, the possibility of a Bulgarian occupying the highest position – UN Secretary General – is being undermined,” stated BSP leader Korneliya Ninova. In her opinion, the decision is unacceptable and lacks consistency.
According to BSP, Georgieva has to withdraw from her position in the European Commission and focus on her campaign for the UN. The Socialists think that it is Boyko Borisov’s fault for not backing Bokova’s nomination with the full power of the state, thus drawing support from Eastern Europe.
“No matter what happens as of now, Bulgaria practically became a laughing stock for the UN and the entire global community. The responsibility for this is Borisov’s,” stated socialist Kristian Vigenin. According to him, the decision of the government is equivalent to national betrayal and Bulgarians should back Bokova in spite of the Cabinet.
BSP advised Bokova to remain in the race. In their opinion, the government cannot withdraw her nomination.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend