Bulgarian PM: Georgieva Is More Successful Nomination For UN Secretary General
“Get ready for severe compromising campaigns against us,” stated PM Borisov during the governmental meeting on the decision of the government to support the nomination of European Commissioner Kristalina Georgieva for UN Secretary General.
“We made enormous efforts – not just us but the presidential institution and the Foreign Ministry. This is an extremely complicated procedure. Irina Bokova made a lot of effort indeed.”
“Last time, we gave a last chance in order to see once more what the results of the last vote on September 26 would be. The result is a slump of one place and we have been outranked by several countries and women as well. Because of the unspoken attitudes there, it would be good if the candidate is a woman and from Eastern Europe. We reckon that this is a more successful nomination. Of course, we wish good luck to both Irina Bokova and Kristalina Georgieva,” commented Borisov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 70 Diplomats and Employees of the Russian Embassy are Leaving Bulgaria
- » Expelled Russian Diplomats are Leaving Bulgaria with their Families: 2 Flights are Taking Out more than 160 People Today
- » DB met with “We Continue the Change”: It is Important to Stabilize the State within the First Mandate
- » Head of Petkov’s Office: Spokespeople for Russia receive 4,000 BGN Per Month in Bulgaria
- » “We Continue the Change” and BSP reached an Agreement on the Government's Priorities
- » Defense Minister: The Behavior of the Russian Ambassador in Bulgaria is Unacceptable