Hemus Highway Blocked
There is an enormous queue of vehicles on the Hemus highway, from Yablanitsa in the direction of Sofia.
Traffic is very heavy at the Vitinya and Topli dol tunnels.
Because of the expected return of thousands of vehicles on the last day of the holidays, police control on the main E-79 road has been intensified from Kulata in the direction of Blagoevgrad. Additional units are regulating traffic and the transit of trucks towards Kulata will be limited between 14:00 hrs and 22:00 hrs.
Police units are re-routing traffic near Staro selo. There are additional units to ease traffic near Simitli as well.
On the road Pernik-Sofia, in the Dragichevo area, there will be two-lane traffic in the direction with heavier traffic. Traffic jams are expected not so much on the highway as in the section between Sandanski and Blagoevgrad, announced the Ministry of Interior.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend