Negotiations Held With USA, UK, Poland on Common Defence of Bulgarian Air Space
“Bulgaria’s air space has never been more secure,” stated Defence Minister Nikolay Nenchev.
This is how Nenchev commented on the first joint mission with the USA for the defence of Bulgarian air space. Training lasted one week and the old Soviet fighter aircraft MiG 29 and American F-15 took part in it.
“During the week, the air space of Bulgaria was defended better and we had greater security without having to restrict our national sovereignty,” stated Nenchev.
He reminded that negotiations are being held on a similar new mission which will be regulated via a bi-lateral treaty. Talks with the USA and Poland are taking place. The UK has also expressed interest in joint Air Policing
“It depends on us to choose who will replace the Americans for joint Air Policing and, by law, we can decide by ourselves with whom we wish to carry this out. This will be done via a bi-lateral treaty,” added Nenchev.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » General Emil Tonev is the New Head of Bulgaria's National Service for Protection
- » Another 1,000 US Troops to be Send to Poland
- » US Troops to be Send to Bulgaria and Romania
- » Terrorist Attack Was Prevented in Russia
- » US Military Helicopters Will Fly Over Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Army Reaches the Highest Level of Confidence in a Decade