34% of Bulgarians Live in Dire Straits
Over 34% of Bulgarians live in dire straits.
Given a poverty threshold of BGN 325, 1.5 million people or 22% of the population were below this level, showed statistical data about the indicators on poverty and social inclusion for 2015.
Compared to the previous year, the poverty threshold increased by 0.6% and the relative share of the pour population rose by 0.2%.
Data for 2015 showed that if pension income is included in household income, while other social transfers (compensations, social and family benefits) are excluded, the level of poverty increase from 22% to 28.4%.
If both pension income and social transfers are excluded, the poverty level increase to 42.9% or by 20.9%
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend