34% of Bulgarians Live in Dire Straits
Over 34% of Bulgarians live in dire straits.
Given a poverty threshold of BGN 325, 1.5 million people or 22% of the population were below this level, showed statistical data about the indicators on poverty and social inclusion for 2015.
Compared to the previous year, the poverty threshold increased by 0.6% and the relative share of the pour population rose by 0.2%.
Data for 2015 showed that if pension income is included in household income, while other social transfers (compensations, social and family benefits) are excluded, the level of poverty increase from 22% to 28.4%.
If both pension income and social transfers are excluded, the poverty level increase to 42.9% or by 20.9%
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: MRF Will Not Support GERB for New Constitution and Grand National Assembly
- » Bulgaria: Chairman of Information Services - 4 Months is the Delivery of Voting Machines
- » Upholding the independence of the Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office: National Meeting on Monday
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet