34% of Bulgarians Live in Dire Straits
Over 34% of Bulgarians live in dire straits.
Given a poverty threshold of BGN 325, 1.5 million people or 22% of the population were below this level, showed statistical data about the indicators on poverty and social inclusion for 2015.
Compared to the previous year, the poverty threshold increased by 0.6% and the relative share of the pour population rose by 0.2%.
Data for 2015 showed that if pension income is included in household income, while other social transfers (compensations, social and family benefits) are excluded, the level of poverty increase from 22% to 28.4%.
If both pension income and social transfers are excluded, the poverty level increase to 42.9% or by 20.9%
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor
- » The 1st Television Interview of Ivan Geshev After His Election as Chief Public Prosecutor