GERB Thwarts Reform in Interior Ministry
Policemen will retain the full package of privileges with a compensation of up to 20 salaries and the option to use 12 additional days of annual leave.
This became clear at a public discussion organised by the Parliamentary Commission for Internal Security and Public Order.
In this way, GERB again thwarted key changes of the reform in the Interior Ministry which is about to be submitted for second reading in Parliament.
“Now, the most important thing is for the system to be stable and to operate adequately in accordance with the circumstances.
The initial reform of Rumyana Bachvarova envisioned a decrease in the compensation after retirement from 20 to 12 monthly salaries and a reduction of the annual leave in the system by 5 days.
According to other amendments to the law, the competencies of the Chief Directorate Combating Organised Crime will be extended.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend