Russia Demands Clear Deadline for Belene Debt Repayment
Russia insists that the decision of the international arbitrage be fulfilled as soon as possible and that Bulgaria pay its debt of Euro 620 M for Belene. Moscow expects Bulgarian authorities to send information about the deadlines for paying the money for the project.
The Russian reaction comes a day after a meeting of the Russian-Bulgarian working group was held in Sofia on the issues related to implementing the decision of the International Court of Arbitration in Geneva on Belene. The discussions also focused on the further actions needed in order to compensate Russian Atomstroyexport for the termination of the construction of Belene.
- » The Bulgarian Energy Holding is on its Way to take Commitments in the BEH Gas Case
- » Over 5000 GWh have been Saved in Bulgaria in the 2014-2017 Period
- » Bulgaria Preparing to Open Tender for Offshore Oil, Gas Exploration Permit
- » New Plasma Melting Plant Opens at Bulgaria's Nuclear Power Site
- » Prices Electricity in Romania Drop by about 3.5%
- » The Gas Prices in Bulgaria Rise by 10.8% from July 1
Better for Russian officials to be more modest in the approach to this debt of Bulgaria, imho.....
Much more dignified and wise would be to concentrate on, say, Ukrainian US$3bln debt or on the absolutely idiotic - and criminal with respect to the own people - pouring US$20bln of Russian money down the NPP Akkuyu drain... in the seismic State with the seismic President. In the name of what benefits should people, any people, pull the others\' strap?