Bulgarian and American Pilots to Defend Bulgarian Air Space
As of tomorrow, training for joint tasks to be carried out under Air Policing will begin at the Graf Ignatievo air base. Bulgarian and American crews of MiG-19 and F-15 aircraft will participate in the training. The training will take place under the joint command of Torrejon, Spain and Sofia Area Control Centre.
The decision for increasing the security of Bulgaria’s air space via using the military forces of Bulgaria and the USA was taken by the Bulgarian government on August 24, 2016. The joint missions for securing the air space of the country will be carried out within the framework of NATO’s Integrated Air and Missile Defence System.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Pilots Will Be Trained in US to Operate F-16 Fighter Jets
- » Bulgarian Task Forces Will Have New Combat Vehicles
- » Salary Increase of Bulgarian Police Officers Remains 15 Percent
- » UK Announces Biggest Military Investment since Cold War
- » Turkey Does Not Plan to Close Down Border with Bulgaria
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria May Purchase Eight More F-16 Block 70 Aircrafts From Lockheed Martin