Extreme Risk of Fire Declared in 10 Bulgarian Regions
Bulgaria's weather service has warned of an "extreme" risk of fire in ten of the country's twenty-eight regions.
Three of the regions affected are in the north-east (Ruse, Dobrich and Varna), while the others are predominantly in the south-east (Burgas, Yambol, Haskovo, Sliven, Stara Zagora) or south (Kardzhali, Smolyan) of the country.
There is a minor but still substantial risk of wildfires in several northern areas, namely those of Razgrad, Silistra, Pleven and Lovech, according to the National Institute for Hydrology and Meteorology (NIMH)'s website.
A peak of wildfires throughout Bulgaria in August was followed by a cold snap in September, but there have been forest blazes across the country over the past week.
Many of the incidents are thought to have been caused by activities of farmers such as irregular stubble burning.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Snow all over the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max. Temperatures between 6°C and 11°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Max. Temperatures between 1°C and 6°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Windy and cold with max. temperatures between 1°C and 6°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for strong wind is in force for 27 districts in the country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Max. Temperatures between 3°C and 8°C