Bachvarova: Bulgaria Does Not Need Fences along Bulgarian-Greek Border
Bulgaria has been offered help for the construction of fences along the Bulgarian-Greek border but it has rejected the proposal, stated the Minister of Interior, Rumyana Bachvarova.
“I have talked with my Serbian counterpart and he has assured me that the flow of migrants from Bulgaria is not as heavy as reported a few months ago,” added Bachvarova.
On July 22, the authorities in Belgrade created joint military-police units in order to patrol the Bulgarian and Macedonian borders, and stop illegal immigration.
According to Bachvarova, the first level of action in order to deal with the wave of immigrants is to guarantee the security of the external borders via checks and defence.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian MP: We have No Reason to Lift the Veto on North Macedonia
- » Bulgarian President: Our Language will continue to Unite us as a Nation
- » Bulgarian PM with School Memories: It was very Difficult for me to Learn Russian
- » The Pope to Bulgaria’s PM: Corruption is a Disease and You Can Eradicate it
- » Bulgaria – North Macedonia: No Progress in the Work of the Joint Historical Commission
- » Speaker of Parliament: Right now, Bulgaria is Not Preparing to Lift the Veto over North Macedonia