Bachvarova: Bulgaria Does Not Need Fences along Bulgarian-Greek Border
Bulgaria has been offered help for the construction of fences along the Bulgarian-Greek border but it has rejected the proposal, stated the Minister of Interior, Rumyana Bachvarova.
“I have talked with my Serbian counterpart and he has assured me that the flow of migrants from Bulgaria is not as heavy as reported a few months ago,” added Bachvarova.
On July 22, the authorities in Belgrade created joint military-police units in order to patrol the Bulgarian and Macedonian borders, and stop illegal immigration.
According to Bachvarova, the first level of action in order to deal with the wave of immigrants is to guarantee the security of the external borders via checks and defence.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria supports the EU Delivery of 1 Million Projectiles to Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Minister of Defense: We will Categorically Not Send Troops to Ukraine
- » Spokesman of the Ukrainian Defense Ministry : We encourage Bulgaria to give us their MiG-29s
- » April 3 - Closed for Bulgarian Schools with Election Sections
- » Petkov: Bulgaria going Banrkupt was Fake News - This happens before every Election
- » Bulgaria’s PM Denied all the Concerns of his Finance Minister