Wildfire in Bulgaria's Topolovgrad Largely Extinguished
The state of emergency in parts of Topolovgrad municipality, Southeastern Bulgaria, has been lifted after firefighters have put out much of a blaze that ravaged kilometers of forest land in three days.
Hundreds of people were battling the flames caused by unsanctioned stubble cleaning.
Local authorities in Haskovo, the region where Topolovgrad is located, say the situation is now under control.
Some 12 km have been destroyed by the flames since the fire broke out earlier this week, 9 km of these being woods.
At the end of a month when forest fires are common throughout Bulgaria, the latest incident has become the biggest one since the beginning of the year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Car Accidents with Casualties all over Bulgaria Today
- » Bulgaria: Car Crash on the Ring Road in Sofia, One Person confirmed Dead
- » Bulgarian Border Guards rescued 38 Refugees in the Black Sea, including a Baby
- » Bulgaria: Serious Crash involving Public Transport Bus in Sofia – A Child is Injured
- » Bulgaria: Authorities found 250 Barrels of Chemicals scattered around Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Nearly 100 Houses in the Flooded Villages of Karlovo Region may be Demolished