Czech Republic Refuses to Admit Refugees from Turkey
Czech minister of the interior Milan Chovanec stated that the country will not be accepting any refugees coming in from Turkey by the end of the year, a local TV station reports.
When asked about the coup d'eta in Turkey, he replied that he wasn't exactly sure as to what happened there. According to the agreement between the EU and Ankara, the Czech Republic was supposed to take in 80 refugees.
''I am afraid that Turkey is not attempting to solve the problem on the part of the Syrian refugees, but is instead trying to solve its own problems with the Kurds,'' Chovanec said, thus warning against a destabilization of Turkey.
Turkey and the EU have had increasingly tense relations eversince the attempetd coup took over Ankara. Soon after a number of the Turkish government's actions have been condemned, including the firing of a number of university professors and practically anyone disagreing with the current order.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Czech Government Declared a New State of Emergency
- » Prince Philip, Husband of Qween Elizabeth Has Infection and Is Set to Stay in Hospital
- » Man Admits Murdering the Maltese Journalist Caruana Galizia in Court
- » NASA Lands Rover and First-ever Helicopter on Mars
- » India Arrested Civil Activist Related to Greta Thunberg's Movement Fighting against Farming Reforms
- » Protests in Myanmar against the Coup Continues