CGN shows interest in Bulgaria's Belene Project
Bulgarian energy minister Temenuzhka Petkova has met with representatives of the China General Nuclear power Group (CGN). Accoding to government information, the meeting was held in respose to a request of CGN.
Petkova shared the vision of the government, stating that the country is looking for a strategic investor, that will not receive government guarantees for long-term energy purchases on the Bulgarian market.
CGN then proceeded to questions related to the parameters of the Belene project and how it could be launched after the decision of the Geneva Court.
- » PM Borisov: We have the Necessary Infrastructure and Means to Continue "Turkish Stream"
- » The Bulgarian Parliament's Decision: Restart of the Belene NPP Project
- » The Mayor of Bourgas: It is better to Make Electricity from Garbage instead of Burning it
- » Azerbaijani Gas will Reach Bulgaria in 2 Years
- » Production and Consumption of Electricity in Bulgaria are Decreasing
- » Protests "For" and "Against" Belene Nuclear Power Plant
If you look closely at the Romanian Press Belene is compared to Chernobyl.
I tend to agree with Romanian fears since Bulgaria has not defined the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA).
The corruption and high costs can hinder quality and budgets for the Project.
Better safe than sorry.