Defense Attache in Washington Nominated as New Bulgarian Air Force Chief
Bulgaria’s Defence Minister Nikolay Nenchev has proposed to appoint Brigadier General Tsanko Stoykov as new Air Force Commander, Nova TV has reported.
Nenchev made the announcement before reporters on Tuesday, Nova said.
Gen. Stoykov, 53, is serving as Defense Attache in the Bulgarian Embassy in Washington, D.C.
The position of Bulgarian Air Force Commander has remained vacant after Maj. Gen. Rumen Radev retired earlier this month. The retired general is now the nomination for President of Bulgaria of main opposition Socialists and left-wing ABV party.
Bulgaria will hold presidential elections on November 6.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: Russia uses Fictitious Exercises in the Black Sea to Block Ukrainian Grain Exports
- » Bulgaria’s Consul in Zaporizhzhia turned out to be a Russian Collaborator
- » Russia wants Bulgaria to Reconsider its Decision to hand over S-300 Missiles to Ukraine
- » Bulgaria approved to send Defective S-300 Missiles to Ukraine
- » Providing Defective S-300 Missiles to Ukraine will Not Endanger the Bulgarian Air Defense
- » Defense Minister: Bulgaria will Continue to Support Ukraine in accordance with our National Capabilities