Defense Attache in Washington Nominated as New Bulgarian Air Force Chief
Bulgaria’s Defence Minister Nikolay Nenchev has proposed to appoint Brigadier General Tsanko Stoykov as new Air Force Commander, Nova TV has reported.
Nenchev made the announcement before reporters on Tuesday, Nova said.
Gen. Stoykov, 53, is serving as Defense Attache in the Bulgarian Embassy in Washington, D.C.
The position of Bulgarian Air Force Commander has remained vacant after Maj. Gen. Rumen Radev retired earlier this month. The retired general is now the nomination for President of Bulgaria of main opposition Socialists and left-wing ABV party.
Bulgaria will hold presidential elections on November 6.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Defense Minister: Bulgaria will Continue to Support Ukraine in accordance with our National Capabilities
- » Bulgaria: The Explosive attached to the Drone found in Tyulenovo has been Neutralized
- » Bulgaria will Not Provide S-300 to Ukraine
- » Defense Minister: We are discussing a Response to Russia's actions in the Bulgarian Exclusive Zone in the Black Sea
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: Russia's Black Sea Exercises in our Economic Zone are a Provocation
- » Bulgaria: Former Instructor in Ukraine’s Interior Ministry is the New Head of the Terem Weapons Plants