Bulgaria Charges Four Afghans with Attempted Smuggling of 29 Syrian Migrants from Turkey
Bulgarian prosecutors have pressed charges of people smuggling against four Afghan citizens who attempted to smuggle 29 Syrian nationals into Bulgaria from Turkey.
The Afghans led the group of irregular Syrian migrants across Rezovska river, which that forms part of Bulgaria’s border with Turkey in Tsarevo Municipality, on Friday. The group included 15 persons under the age of 16 and a three-month old baby, Bulgaria’s Prosecutor’s Office said in a statement on Tuesday.
The four Afghan nationals, who were detained by police, weren’t registered as refugees in Bulgaria, according to the statement.
They face up to 10 years in prison and fines of up to BGN 30,000 if convicted.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Driver was Detained after a Spectacular Chase with the Police in Sofia
- » Murder in Sofia: A Man Died from Multiple Stab Wounds, his Son was Detained
- » Bulgaria: Authorities Detained a Police Officer while On Duty with more than 1.6 Promille of Alcohol
- » Specialized Police Operation in the Bulgarian Village of Sindel after the Rape of a 73-year-old Woman
- » A 73-year-old Woman was Raped in a Bulgarian Village
- » 30 Days in Detention for the Attacker of Bulgarian Hristiyan Pendikov in North Macedonia