Tourist Trips by Bulgarian Residents Increase 10% Y/Y in Q2 2016
The number of Bulgarian citizens making tourist trips increased by 10.3% year-on-year in the second quarter of 2016, reaching 909,100 people, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) announced on Monday.
The majority of Bulgarian citizens, 80.6%, travelled only inside the country in the second quarter, 15.7% travelled only abroad, while 3.6% made trips both in Bulgaria and abroad.
The number of people who travelled only abroad decreased by 20.2%, while those who travelled inside Bulgaria increased by 19.1%.
The number of Bulgarian residents who travelled both in the country and abroad in April-June period of 2016 more than doubled, increasing by 112.4% on the year.
Only Bulgarian residents aged 15 and over are included in the statistical data.
The majority of tourist trips in Bulgaria as well as abroad were for the purpose of holiday and recreation, respectively 42.3% for travel inside Bulgaria and 68.8% for outbound trips, the NSI said citing preliminary data.
Business trips accounted for 11.9% of the trips of Bulgarian citizens inside the country and 7.5% of trips abroad.
Food costs had the highest share in spending by Bulgarian tourists travelling on domestic trips (34.8%), while transport costs had the highest share for tourists travelling abroad (35.4%).
A Bulgarian traveller on a private trip an average of BGN 130.64 inside the country and BGN 492.81 on a trip abroad, according to the NSI survey.
- » 6.4% More Foreigners’ Visits to Bulgaria in December 2019
- » Turkey, Greece and Germany are the Most Preferred Destinations for Bulgarians in December
- » Minister Nikolina Angelkova: Bulgarian Tourism is Becoming Increasingly More Competitive
- » Bulgaria and Greece to Strengthen their Relations and to Deepen Cooperation in the Field of Tourism
- » Increase in the International Tourism Revenues in Bulgaria
- » 17.4% More People Spent their Vacation in 4 and 5 Stars Accommodation Establishments in November 2019 in Comparison with November 2018