Bulgarian Bronze Medalist in Rio Elitsa Yankova sets Sight on Olympic Gold in Tokyo
The only Bulgarian medalist so far at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, Elitsa Yankova, arrived in Sofia Saturday afternoon.
The 21-year old competitor from Varna, who competed in the 48kg wrestling category stated that after the medal her ambitions grew.
"I feel extremely happy. I did expect a warm welcome, because I knew about the reactions back home. I still can't realize what really happened and I cry out of joy just remembering. I even want to relive every moment no matter how hard it was at times," Yankova said.
"The toughest match was the one for the bronze medal, because I knew that if I win, I will do it for all of Bulgaria, and if I loose, I will come back home empty-handed,'' she added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Nurgyul Salimova and Nadya Toncheva in the Top 10 of Chess Rankings
- » BREAKING: Borislav Mihailov Resigned as President of the Bulgarian Football Union
- » Bulgarian Ex-Minister and Shooting Sports Legend Endorses IOC Neutrality Amid Russia, Belarus Olympic Dilemma
- » How to Develop a Successful Sports Betting Strategy
- » Bulgarian Football Union President Denies Responsibility for the Protest
- » Making History: Bulgarian Chess Players Became European Champions