State of Emergency Issued in Harmanli
The mayor of two Bulgarian villages in the Harmanli municipality has issued a state of emergency on account of the huge fires in the fields nearby.
Tens of local military officers, firefighters and volunteers will join efforts tonight and early tomorrow morning in order to alleviate the situation.
Regional governor Stanislav Dechev is already on site and overlooking the emergency management.
Mayor Mariya Kirkova has assembled a crisis management team, whose main purpose is to block the spreading of the fire further around.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria is in the Top 50 Most Visited Countries in Google Street View in 2021
- » 1/3 of the Signals for Dangerous Foods in the EU are from Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 316 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgarian Author is Nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature
- » Bulgaria: By the End of May 7,000 Ukrainian Refugees will be Moved from Varna to other Cities
- » Employee of a Funeral Agency is Detained in Relations to the 7 Bodies found near Sofia