Bulgarian EU Presidency to Cost Estimated EUR 75 M
The director of the center for the preparation of the Bulgarian presidency of the Council of the European Union has said that the cost of the presidency will be about EUR 75 M, public radio broadcaster BNR reported on Friday.
The team for the presidency will be 1,200-strong. No pay rise is envisaged for the staff involved in activites related to the presidency, Ivanov has said, according to BNR.
The training of staff for servicing the presidency will begin next month and will close in the middle of next year.
Bulgaria will assume the rotating six-month residency of the Council of the EU in the first half of 2018 and not in the second one as planned earlier. The change was propmpted by the UK's decision is to give up its presidency of the European Council next year in order to focus on preparations for negotiations to leave the EU.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Versus EU: Decent Economy but Poor Quality of Life
- » EC Approves the Bulgarian Scheme in Support of Tour Operators
- » $40 Million Potentially Dangerous Food Seized in Operation Throughout Europe
- » Bulgarian PM after the EU Summit: Bulgaria Will Receive Nearly 29 Billion Euros in the Coming Years
- » Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov in Brussels: It Is Wrong to Think That We Are at the End of the Pandemic
- » Juncker Plan: EIAH to Provide Support for New Specialised Children's Hospital in Bulgaria