Famous Israeli Musician Idan Raichel's Show Comes to Sofia Next Month
World famous Israeli musician singer and songwriter Idan Raichel will give the opening concert in the Festival of Tolerance (Tole-Fest) in Sofia 2016 next month.
"I will make a unique show in Sofia. Sofia will become the capital of tolerance,” Idan Raichel said at a meeting with public officials, media and business figures in Nu Boyana Film Studios in Sofia on Monday.
“The city, which has been home to different peoples and united them over the years, is the best place for it."
The show of the musician and his multicultural Idan Raichel Project will take place on an open stage at Nu Boyana.
Tole-Fest 2016 is organized by Quadrant Beverages, Eurohold, Nu Boyana, Sofia Municipality and the Israeli Embassy in Bulgaria. Ten percent of the proceeds will be donated to the Bulgarian Red Cross.
Nu Boyana Film Studios CEO Yariv Lerner said that he was happy to see how music brings together people from different backgrounds.
“We should use this event to build bridges, not walls," Lerner said.
"Idan Raichel spreads a strong message of tolerance, to perceive others as they are. I'm sure that after his concert Bulgarians will love Israeli music even more," said Mme Irit Lillian, Israeli Ambassador to Bulgaria.
The meeting was also attended by Quadrant Beverages CEO Tamir Shabat, Ekaterina Borisova, head of fundraising and marketing department at the Bulgarian Red Cross, and Maxim Behar, founder and CEO of M3 Communications Group.
- » Bulgarians Have Received an European Award for Development in the Film Industry
- » Bulgarian Movie Won the Best Picture Award at the Cottbus Film Festival in Germany
- » A Turkish Court Ruling Could Turn Saint Sofia into a Mosque
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the Day of the Bulgarian National Revival Leaders
- » A Monument of Pencho Slaveikov Was Opened in Milan
- » Exhibition Commemorating the 500th Anniversary of Leonardo da Vinci is Open in the Louvre