Serbia Finds Seven Irregular Migrants in Bulgarian-registered Truck
The Serbian authorities have found seven irregular migrants in the back of a Bulgarian-registered truck en route to Germany, Serbian broadcaster RTS has reported.
Customs officials stopped the truck for in-depth inspection upon exit from Serbia at Batrovci checkpoint, on the border with Croatia, after the driver suspected that someone was hiding in the cargo hold, RTS reported on Monday.
The truck carried plastic pre-forms from Bulgaria to Germany, according to its cargo manifest.
The seven migrants, all of them citizens of Afghanistan, were taken into police custody, RTS said.
- » British Man Charged with Child Sex Abuse in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Special Prosecutor's Office: Charges Brought Against 4 People for Organ Trafficking
- » Seven People Killed in Terrorist Attack in Turkey
- » Illegal Organ Donor Scheme Busted in Bulgaria
- » The Bulgarian Who Went Missing in Maidstone Was Found Dead
- » Google and YouTube Fined for Collecting Data from Children Under 13