Bulgarian Politician Attended Turkey Anti-Coup Rally
Kasim Dal, the deputy head of a party within the Reformist Bloc coalition, was at Istanbul's Yenikap? square of Sunday, during the last pro-democracy rally.
Dal, a Bulgarian Turk who is the deputy chair of th National Freedom and Dignity Party (NPSD), published a post on Facebook describing the mood on the square.
"Around me I see a huge wave of people who went out to protect freedom with the national flag in their hands. Today, on Yeni kap? square in Istanbul, we are honoring the heroic sacrifice of all who died for democracy. All those who support democracy are here," his post reads.
Up to four million are thought to have attended the huge rally, even though other sources cite lower estimates.
On Sunday, Dal wrote on his profile he had been invited by the Presidency of Turkey.
NPSD is one of the smaller parties in the Reformist Bloc, which is the junior partner in Bulgaria's coalition government.
There were no official Bulgarian delegates to the spectacular gathering. `
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The US has called on Serbia to Withdraw its Troops from the Border with Kosovo
- » Romania Strengthens its Defenses along the Danube due to the Approaching War
- » The Minimum Wage in Romania Jumps to 663 Euros compared to Bulgaria's 398 Euros
- » Romania to buy 32 new F-35 Fighter Jets
- » Three Serbs were Killed in Kosovo, Two others were Wounded
- » Romania blocked Austria's participation in NATO meetings