Putin, Borisov Discuss Joint Energy Projects over the Phone
Cooperation in the implementation of joint energy projects was in the focus of a conversation between Russian President Vladimir Putin and Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, TASS reported on Friday.
"It was agreed to intensify interaction within the framework of the Russian-Bulgarian Intergovernmental Commission on economic and scientific-technical cooperation," the Russian news agency quoted the Kremlin press service as saying in a statement.
No details of the conversation were provided, TASS added.
The conversation comes just a day after the Bulgarian government announced that European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker had sent a letter to Boyko Borisov on key energy issues, including a potential restart of Belene nuclear power plant project and a project for the construction of a gas hub in Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Putin: Russia now has Four New Territories, We are ready for Negotiations with Ukraine
- » Russia has declared the Nord Stream Leaks “State Terrorism” and turned its attention to the US
- » Tomorrow Putin will Sign the Annexation Agreements of One Fifth of Ukraine
- » Russian Nuclear Threats: US steps up Surveillance, Poland wants “Devastating” NATO response
- » Medvedev: If Moscow is Forced to use Nuclear Weapons in Ukraine, NATO will Not Retaliate
- » 17 are the Victims of Yesterday's Shooting in Russia