Bulgaria, Estonia, Austria to Coordinate EU Presidency Priorities Next Week
Representatives of the "EU Presidency trio" involving Bulgaria will meet in September to discuss their countries' works as rotational presidents of the Council of the EU starting next year.
Bulgaria will focus four priorities, according to the website [BG] created for the presidency's preparation.
These are employment growth and competitiveness; migration and security; Energy Union and climate; and the EU's role in the world.
The development comes a week after Bulgaria announced it was to take over the rotating presidency six months early, in the first half of 2018 and not in the second one as initially planned.
The latter development is a result of the UK's decision to give up its own presidency in light of its withdrawal from the EU, which a majority of voters approved in June 23.
Previously, Bulgaria was the last country in a trio with the United Kingdom and Estonia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria