Bulgaria, Estonia, Austria to Coordinate EU Presidency Priorities Next Week
Representatives of the "EU Presidency trio" involving Bulgaria will meet in September to discuss their countries' works as rotational presidents of the Council of the EU starting next year.
Bulgaria will focus four priorities, according to the website [BG] created for the presidency's preparation.
These are employment growth and competitiveness; migration and security; Energy Union and climate; and the EU's role in the world.
The development comes a week after Bulgaria announced it was to take over the rotating presidency six months early, in the first half of 2018 and not in the second one as initially planned.
The latter development is a result of the UK's decision to give up its own presidency in light of its withdrawal from the EU, which a majority of voters approved in June 23.
Previously, Bulgaria was the last country in a trio with the United Kingdom and Estonia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Takes over Rotating Presidency of SEDM Process
- » Eurostat: Excess Mortality Rate in EU Highest in Bulgaria
- » Politico: Scandals in Bulgaria Come Thick and Fast
- » Bulgaria’s President Attends NATO Summit in Brussels
- » Bulgaria and Czech Republic Probe into Arms Depots Blasts Together
- » New Procedure to Be Launched for Electing Six Bulgarian EU Delegated Prosecutors