Bulgaria's Dimitrov Climbs Up 6 Spots in ATP Ranking
Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria has improved his standing in the global ATP ranking, the organization's website shows.
Dimitrov is 34th in the list, up from his previous 40th position. The update comes days before the opening of the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
The Bulgarian, who two years ago reached the Top 10 of men's professional tennis but gradually lost ground, sinking down the chart, broke an almost uninterrupted series of defeats that he had been going through since May.
Dimitrov performed well at the Toronto Masters tournament, reaching the quarterfinals.
His next challenge will be at the Olympics, but a schedule of matches is yet to be announced.
- » It's Official - Dimitar Berbatov Announced the End of His Football Career
- » The End of an Era! Roger Federer Announced He Is Considering a Retirement
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play in Stockholm on October 14
- » Kubrat Pulev Is at the Top of Professional Boxing!
- » EU Volleyball Tournament: Bulgaria Triumphs over Portugal
- » Bulgarian FA Incensed by Southgate's Racism Claims