Bulgaria's Dimitrov Climbs Up 6 Spots in ATP Ranking
Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria has improved his standing in the global ATP ranking, the organization's website shows.
Dimitrov is 34th in the list, up from his previous 40th position. The update comes days before the opening of the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
The Bulgarian, who two years ago reached the Top 10 of men's professional tennis but gradually lost ground, sinking down the chart, broke an almost uninterrupted series of defeats that he had been going through since May.
Dimitrov performed well at the Toronto Masters tournament, reaching the quarterfinals.
His next challenge will be at the Olympics, but a schedule of matches is yet to be announced.
- » Confirmed: Kubrat Pulev will Anthony Joshua on June 20 in London
- » Four-Time World Rhythmic Gymnastics Champion Tried to Commit Suicide
- » The World Athletics Indoor Championship was Postponed because of the Coronavirus
- » Grigor Dimitrov Dropped Out of the Australian Open after a Tough Game
- » Grigor Dimitrov Received a Marriage Proposal after his Big Win at the Australian Open
- » Georgi Yanev, Alexander Alexandrov and Anelia Dukova Winners of the ISCT 2020 Squash Tournament