France to Form National Guard to Help Counter Terror Attacks
French President Francois Hollande announced on Thursday the creation of a National Guard which will be tasked with protecting the citizens from terror attacks.
The National Guard would be created from France’s existing reserve forces, Hollande said.Parliamentary consultations on the formation of the National Guard would take place in September "so that this force can be created as fast as possible to protect the French", Hoillande added..
The announcement comes after a series of recent terror attacks in France, including Tuesday’s killing of a priest in Normandy and the Nice truck attack, in which 84 people were killed.
Hollande announced after the Nice attack that thousands of reservists would be called up to boost the security forces suffering from fatigue after18 months of heightened alert and terror attacks. French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said on Wednesday that 2,500 French citizens hadsaid they were interested and new inquiries were coming in.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Countries for Collective Purchase of Ammunition are Now 24 - Bulgaria is Not Among Them
- » Air Blockade in Israel until Netanyahu reverses Judicial Reform
- » Day 397 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv wants Emergency UN Meeting over Putin’s Nuclear Plans
- » After Joining Schengen: The Last Border Checks in Croatia have been Abolished
- » Elon Musk valued Twitter at just 20 Billion Dollars
- » Economists expect a Recession and High Inflation in the US