Ludogorets, Crvena Zvezda Tied in Champions League Qualifier
The Bulgarian team Ludogorets (Razgrad) and Serbia's Crvena Zvezda have ended their Tuesday match 2:2 in their first encounter within the Champions League qualifiers in Razgrad.
Ludogorets had a clear lead in the first half, with Jonathan Cafu scoring a goal just before halftime.
Aleksandar Katai and Gejlor Kanga of Crvena Zvezda secured a 2:1 for the Belgrade team in the next twenty minutes, but Lucas Sasha scored for Ludogotets in the 76th minute.
The two teams will again face each other in Belgrade on August 02.
The winners will make it to UEFA Europa League's group stage, but will also have the chance to seek an entry into the Champions League if they defeat their next opponents in the playoffs.
Tuesday's game was also marked by acts of hooliganism on behalf of Crvena Zvezda fans, with 45 of them detained in the Black Sea resort of Sunny Beach, according to the Bulgarian prosecuting authorities.
Many fans of Crvena Zvezda had arrived to the Black Sea coast (with Razgrad being closer to the sea than Sofia) where the Serbian team had initially been accommodated.
Some of those detained were involved in beating two police officers and citizens. In another incident, a taxi driver was driver was injured after being attacked by fans. Two people who tried to help him were also hurt. Damages were also inflicted on his car.
- » The "Golden Girls" of Bulgaria with Gold Medals from the World Challenge Cup
- » China Wins Women's Doubles at ITTF World Tour in Bulgaria
- » Brazil, Bulgaria Win First Matches at Men's Volleyball Olympic Qualification in Varna
- » Changes in Traffic Around National Stadium Due to CSKA - Zorya Luhansk match
- » Woman Wins 4,000-km Bulgaria-France Bike race after Sleeping by Road
- » Grigor Dimitrov Outside of the Top 70 in the World Rankings For the First Time in 7 Years