Bulgarian Woman Suffers Broken Arm during Friday’s Munich Shooting
A Bulgarian national has suffered a broken arm when fleeing for her life during a shooting in a shopping centre in Munich, a diplomatic official has said.
The 52-year old woman had gone shopping to the Olympia shopping centre with her sister on late Friday afternoon when shots were heard and people around them started running for the exit doors, Bulgarian consul general in the German city, Antoaneta Baycheva, told Sofia-based bTV broadcaster on Saturday.
The woman, whose name bTV gave as Eli Dimitrova, fell to the ground while running and broke her arm.
Baycheva said that the injured Bulgarian citizen had been taken to a Munich hospital where she will undergo a surgery to her broken arm on Monday. Her life is not in danger, Baycheva added.
Nine people were killed and 16 injured after an 18-year-old German-Iranian resident of Munich opened fire outside and inside the shopping center. Police later found the teenager who had shot himself in the head about a kilometer from the scene.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A 17-year-old Student from Sofia sent Part of the E-mails Containing Bomb Threats to Schools in Bulgaria
- » Bomb Threats again in Many Bulgarian Schools
- » A Bulgarian and 6 other People have been Detained for Preparing Terrorist Attacks in Belgium
- » Bulgaria: There is a Suspect for the Bomb Threats - Emails were sent to 102 Schools across the country
- » Bulgaria: Police Operation in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: 25 Migrants were Detained near Simeonovgrad