Bulgaria Detains 23 Migrants in Freight Railcars Arriving from Turkey
Bulgarian police found four irregular migrants without documents hiding in an empty grain railcar, which arrived at Kapitan Andreevo border crossing from Turkey on Friday morning, the Interior Ministry said.
A day earlier, border police discovered 19 migrants hiding in two railcars of an international freight train also arriving from Turkey. None of those migrants carried identity documents either.
In a separate development, 29 foreign nationals were detained by Bulgarian police over the past 24 hours while attempting to cross the country's western border into Serbia, the Interior Ministry announced on Friday.
All of those migrants claimed to be of Afghan origin. They were apprehended in the area of Tianovtsi village several kilometers from the border with Serbia. Some of them had been registered as asylum seekers with the Bulgarian State Agency for Refugees.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Begging and Prostitution are No Longer Crimes in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 1-year-old Child is in Coma after being Beaten in Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison