Bulgaria Meets Canada’s Conditions for Visa Waiver – PM Borisov
Bulgaria’s government expects Canada to draw a schedule for lifting visa requirements for Bulgarian citizens as quickly as possible, Prime Minister Boyko Boyko Borisov has said.
"Bulgaria is ready to render the necessary assistance to the team ofexperts from Canada in gathering the necessary technical information," Borisov said at meeting with a Canadian government delegation in Sofia on Friday, according to a news release.
Bulgaria meets the Canadian requirements for the abolition of visa restrictions on travel of Bulgarian citizens, particularly in the areas of border management and security of travel documents, Borisov told the delegation led by Larissa Galadza, Director General for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
"Achieving visa reciprocity with Canada is important to us, so we hope this will happen as soon as possible," Borisov added.
Canada is expected to announce a schedule for the lifting of visas for Bulgarian and Romanian citizens in the autumn, it has emerged earlier this month.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Bulgarian Citizens should Hastily Leave Russia
- » Bulgaria’s MFA: The so-called Referendums in Ukraine will Not be Recognized
- » The Bulgarian Embassy in Kyiv is Working Again
- » US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Central and Eastern Europe Robin Dunnigan Visits Bulgaria
- » President Radev: Bulgaria will Once Again stand in Solidarity with Fraternal Macedonia
- » Bulgaria’s President: We will Sign Important Partnership Agreements with the UAE