NATO Chief Calls on Turkey to Ensure ‘Respect for Democracy’ after Coup Attempt
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg has condemned the attempted coup in Turkey and reiterated his support to the country’s democratic institutions.
“It is essential for Turkey, like all other Allies, to ensure full respect for democracy and its institutions, the constitutional order, the rule of law and fundamental freedoms,” Stoltenberg said in a statement on Monday.
Stoltenberg added that he had spoken to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, in the aftermath of the attempted coup and had “welcomed the strong support shown by the people and all political parties to democracy and to the democratically elected government.”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Germany and France to Propose EU-wide Quarantine Rules for British Arrivals
- » Hungary’s LGBTQ Law Slammed by EC Boss Von Der Leyen, ahead of EU Summit
- » Covid-19: Biggest Rise of Daily Cases in UK since February
- » Moscow Claims Russian Jets and Ships Fired upon British Warship in Black Sea, UK Denies
- » Health Minister: Italy to Become White Zone thanks to Vaccines
- » Chinese Military Points at US in Anger