Kazakh Authorities Complete Anti-Terror Operation in Almaty, Lower Alert Level
The Kazakh authorities completed an anti-terrorism operation in Almaty launched after gun attacks by suspected Islamist militants that left dead three police officers and a civilian, ITAR-TASS reported on Monday.
The highest "red alert" over threat of terrorism in Almaty has been lowered to the moderate "yellow" level, the Russian news agency quoted Kazakhstan’s National Security Committee as saying in a statement on Monday.
Earlier on Monday, unidentified persons attacked the building of a district police department in Kazakhstan’s financial capital Almaty, and a department of the country’s National Security Committee.
A security source has told Reuters the authorities believed Islamist militants were behind the attacks.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19: Serbia Closes Shops, Bars and Restaurants After Sharp Increase of Cases
- » India Tightens Up its Border Patrols to Stop Arrivals from Myanmar
- » Myanmar Sees Deadliest Day of Protests with 38 People Killed
- » Italy Blocks Australian Shipment of 250,000 AstraZeneca Coronavirus Vaccines
- » US Capitol police Warn of Possible Plot to Breach Congress
- » New Zealand Shaken by Powerful Earthquake - Tsunami Alert Stated