Counter-Terrorism Drills Take Place in Bulgaria's Burgas Bay
A number of counter-terrorism drills took place in Bulgaria's bay of Burgas on Friday.
The drills were part of the VIP day of the international navy training “Breeze 2016” taking place in the Black Sea.
The VIP day was attended by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, Deputy Prime Minister Tomislav Donchev, Defence Minister Nikolay Nenchev, Chief of Defence General Constantin Popov, Deputy Defence Minister Desislava Yosifova.
The officials witnessed operations on the emergency rescue of large number of people at sea, eliminating the consequences of a terrorist attack on board a vessel, overcoming asymmetrical maritime and aerial attacks, attack of submarine with anti-submarine warfare, rescuing a person in water with helicopter.
Around 25 ships and more than 1700 servicemen from the navies of Bulgaria, Greece, Romania, Turkey and the USA, including three ships from the Standing NATO Mine Countermeasures Group 2, are taking part in the training.
The main goal of the training, which is held for the twentieth time, is to improve the operational compatibility and joint action between navies of participating countries through practicing response to crisis.
Defence Minister Nenchev expressed hope that by the end of the year the necessary procedures will be finalised in order to enable the absorption of the first BGN 80 M needed for the acquisition of two new multi-purpose patrol ships.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Macron approves of France giving Bulgaria Temporary Fighter Jets until the New F-16s Arrive
- » Ukrainian Cargo Plane has Flown 9 times from Varna and Burgas with "Defense-Related Products"
- » Bulgarian MiG-29s again Escorted a Passenger Plane after a Bomb Signal on board
- » American Planes will be Involved in the Protection of the Bulgarian Sky
- » A Bulgarian MiG-29 assisted a Passenger Plane after a Bomb Signal
- » NATO does not intend to Stay Out of the Black Sea for long