Bulgarian Authorities Conduct Operation Against Contraband, Illegal Migration
Bulgarian authorities conducted a specialised operation against contraband and illegal migration in the area of the Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint on the border with Turkey on Thursday.
The joint operation was carried out by officials of the border police general directorate, the interior ministry's regional directorate in Haskovo and representatives of the customs agency.
The operation prevented the import of 45 460 cigarettes of different brands without excise stamps, 114 litres of plant protection liquid without necessary certificates, 1618 textile articles with logo of protected trademarks, 277 grammes of articles made of yellow metal.
Since the beginning of July, customs officials at Kapitan Andreevo have seized nearly 280 000 cigarettes (14 000 packs) which were not bearing Bulgarian excise stamps.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Driver was Detained after a Spectacular Chase with the Police in Sofia
- » Murder in Sofia: A Man Died from Multiple Stab Wounds, his Son was Detained
- » Bulgaria: Authorities Detained a Police Officer while On Duty with more than 1.6 Promille of Alcohol
- » Specialized Police Operation in the Bulgarian Village of Sindel after the Rape of a 73-year-old Woman
- » A 73-year-old Woman was Raped in a Bulgarian Village
- » 30 Days in Detention for the Attacker of Bulgarian Hristiyan Pendikov in North Macedonia