Two Young Men Go Missing in Danube River Near Bulgaria's Ruse
Two young men went missing in the Danube river near the Bulgarian city of Ruse late on Thursday afternoon.
The clothes of the men, who are both aged above twenty, have been found on the river bank in the area of Lyulyaka island.
The two men and a female friend of theirs had gone for a walk by the river. Although bathing in the river is strictly prohibited, the men decided to swim to the island.
After the men did not return for some time, the girl submitted a signal to the 112 emergency number.
According to preliminary information, one of the men started to drown, while the other tried to rescue him.
Officials of the interior ministry, firefighters, emergency medical crews and border police officers with a cutter have been searching the river, including the Romanian section.
In June, a fourteen-year-old girl drowned in the Danube river near the Bulgarian town of Silistra.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Actor Alec Baldwin Fired a Props Pistol During Filming and Killed Camerawoman Halina Hutchins
- » Anti-Vaxers Attacked Bulgarian Education Minister Denkov
- » Earthquake on the Island of Bali has Claimed Lives
- » British MP Stabbed in a Church
- » A Dane Killed Five People with a Bow in Norway
- » Tsunami and Property Damage after 6.4 Earthquake in Crete, Greece