Bulgaria's Supreme Judicial Council Elects New Head of Specialised Prosecution
The college of prosecutors of Bulgaria's Supreme Judicial Council (VSS) elected Ivan Geshev as the new head of the specialised prosecutor's office. Nine of the prosecutors voted in favour of Geshev and only one was against him.
In the past year, Geshev has been dealing exclusively with the insolvency of Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB). He said that he will continue to work on the case after his election.
Geshev was the sole candidate to the position after the only other applicant withdrew due to personal reasons.
It took slightly more than forty minutes for the college of prosecutors to hear Geshev and to elect him.
His colleagues pointed out his professionalism, confidence and motivation and identified him as well-prepared, calm, confident and capable of solving the problems in the prosecution.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend