Ex-EconMin Is Among Possible Presidential Candidates of Bulgaria's Reformist Bloc
Former Economy and Energy Minister, Traicho Traikov, is among the possible candidates of Bulgaria's junior coalition partner, the Reformist Bloc (RB), to run in the forthcoming presidential elections in the autumn.
This was announced on Tuesday by Deputy Parliament Speaker, Ivan Ivanov, who is member of the citizen's council of RB.
Another of the possible presidential candidates discussed by the citizen's council of RB is that of incumbent MP Grozdan Karadzhov.
According to Ivanov, both Traikov and Karadzhov are Euro-Atlantic-oriented candidates and represent above partisan nominations.
Traikov was appointed as minister in the first government of Prime Minister Boyko Borisov in 2009, but was dismissed in 2012.
The discussion of the nominations within RB will last until July 20. After that the nominations will be presented for review by the presidential council and the executive council of RB, with the latter having to approve the candidates.
Commenting later on Tuesday the announcement of two of the possible candidates, Economy Minister Bozhidar Lukarski, who is leader of one of the parties constituting RB, said that it came as a surprise to him.
Lukarski identified this as gaffe and harshly criticised Ivanov for his action, saying that it was politically immature of him to make the announcement.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend