Four NATO Allies Conduct Joint Air Training in Bulgarian Airspace
Four NATO member countries are conducting a joint air training in Bulgarian airspace. The “Thracian star 2016” training began on Monday and will continue until July 22.
The Bulgarian air force is participating with servicemen and equipment from the airbases in Graf Ignatievo, Dolna Mitropoliya, Bezmer, Krumovo and Vrazhdebna.
The international presence is provided by the US 144th Fighter Wing of the California Air National Guard as well as the air forces of Romania and Greece.
The training is part of the plan for joint Bulgarian-US preparation and training in Bulgaria and abroad for 2016, the defence ministry informed on Monday.
The main goals of the training are achieving better operational compatibility of the Bulgarian air force for participation in operations under the aegis of NATO as well as raising the theoretical, tactical and flying preparedness of its servicemen.
The training is headed by Deputy Commander of the Bulgarian Air Force, Brigadier General Anatoliy Krustev, and Commander of Graf Ignatievo Air Base, Brigadier General Ivan Lalov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Another 1,000 US Troops to be Send to Poland
- » US Troops to be Send to Bulgaria and Romania
- » Terrorist Attack Was Prevented in Russia
- » US Military Helicopters Will Fly Over Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Army Reaches the Highest Level of Confidence in a Decade
- » Bulgarian Defence Minister Karakachanov: There Is No Delay for the New F-16 Due to the Coronavirus crisis